'

Dots kolam

Dots kolam

Dots kolam


"I came to feel an artist might use anything - a dot, a line, the most conventional or unconventional symbol - to say what he wanted to say" -Marcel Duchamp.


"The dot stands for 'detail' - always be paying attention to detail. I feel that people take you as serious as you take yourself. I spent a lot of time working on my craft, developing my style, and after I came out of my little incubation, I promised that I would pay attention to detail" - Anderson Paak.


Our mothers used to draw new designs and their inspiration in any paper they got hold of. This was their creativity. This their way of decorating our houses. From our childhood we have been seeing this and secretly appreciating it.


This design is made of set of modified stars or flowers with curved lines. Its over all shape is hexagonal. The design is made of seven modified stars or flower. There is balance in the design. It is symmetrical. Colors can be used to enhance the design. 


There is emphasis in the design. This kolam or rangoli is made with the guide of dots. There is a outer line which completes the design. It comes under the category of dots kolam, pulli kolam, simple kolam, star kolam and other kolams. It can also be colored.