'

Butterfly rangoli kolam

Butterfly kolam

Butterfly rangoli kolam 


Butterflies are most beautiful creatures and as a child I always used to sit in my parents garden to look at them roaming over flower beds. Those yellow daisies and sunflowers swayed in breeze. Together it looked as though the flowers and butterflies are dancing to a tune only they can hear. Such happiness they bought in me. I was transfixed by them.


This design is something that reminds me of those days. Center of the design is a flower on the base of hexagon and two edged star. The center takes over most of the design. It is surrounded by flowers and butterflies. The color of the butterflies is in the shades of the central flower. Small flowers are in contrast with the butterflies and the flower in the center.


It comes in the category of butterfly kolam, apartment kolam and other kolam. It can be drawn with the help of the guidance of dots or directly as a rangoli.